2013 CONTRIBUTIONS DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2013.
Thanks to the City of Port Townsend for their participation
Thank you to our 2012 Tax Credit Program Participants!
Put Your State B&O Taxes To Work Here In Port Townsend Through The Main Street Tax Incentive Program.
The Port Townsend Main Street Program is pleased to offer the opportunity to put your state B&O tax dollars to work here Port Townsend through the work of our program.
In 2005, the Port Townsend Main Street Program (PTMS) worked with other revitalization programs across the state to introduce and help pass legislation creating a state B&O Tax Credit Incentive Program for businesses investing in local downtown revitalization programs like ours.
If you make a contribution to PTMS before December 31, 2013:
75% of your donation is returned to you via B&O tax credits in 2014.
In addition, your entire contribution may qualify as a 501(c)(3) charitable deduction on your 2013 federal income tax return.
In 2013, $1.5 million in tax credits is available statewide. The Port Townsend Main Street Program can receive up to $133,333 in contributions. Approvals are given each year on a first-come, first-served basis as of January 1.
The Port Townsend Main Street Program invites you to put your state B&O tax dollars to work here in our community and simultaneously benefit your business. We hope that you will consider this unique opportunity.
IMPORTANT: EACH YEAR, BUSINESSES MUST SIGN UP AGAIN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TAX INCENTIVE PROGRAM.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS IN THIS SEQUENCE:
1. Sign into your e-file account at http://dor.wa.gov
2. Click Credits & Tax Incentives in the left column.
3. Click Apply for Main Street Tax Credit
4. Click Get Started
5. Scroll the list and select Port Townsend Main Street Program and click next.
6. Enter the full amount of your contribution and click next.
7. Review the summary page and click Submit
8. You will receive a thank you notice. Print your receipt.
9. You will receive a confirmation of your registration from the Department of Revenue within 45 days.
10. Write a check in the amount of your contribution to The Port Townsend Main Street Program. All checks must be received no later than December 31st, 2013.
Part of your contribution also qualifies as a 501c3 charitable deduction on your 2013 federal tax return, and the entire amount may be tax deductible—check with your accountant.
If you have questions, contact Rene Rhodes at the Department of Revenue at (360) 902-7126 or email ReneeR@DOR.WA.GOV.
(Alternate contact is Elain Dwyer (ElainD@DOR.WA.GOV).
If you need further information, please call our Local Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Expert:
Tina Flores-McCleese/Clarity Enterprises at (360)385-9963 or email: email@example.com
Or call the Port Townsend Main Street Program at (360)385-7911.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2012 PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS:
The City of Port Townsend
Don’s Pharmacy (360) 385-2622
The Silverwater Cafe
The Mount Baker Block Building
Olympic Art & Office (360) 385-3141
Elevated Ice Cream & Candy Company
The Port Townsend Jefferson County Leader
Power Trip Energy Corporation
The Food Coop
Health Harmony Vistas